Warning: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e3d04825673809d71d23ee86ff7e7324, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosnaweb19a/b1035/ipw.myroboti/public_html/restore/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/wordpress-automatic-upgrade.php on line 121 Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/bosnaweb19a/b1035/ipw.myroboti/public_html/restore/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/wordpress-automatic-upgrade.php:121) in /hermes/bosnaweb19a/b1035/ipw.myroboti/public_html/restore/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/wordpress-automatic-upgrade.php on line 121 Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class ftp_base in /hermes/bosnaweb19a/b1035/ipw.myroboti/public_html/restore/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/lib/ftp_class.php on line 56 Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class ftp in /hermes/bosnaweb19a/b1035/ipw.myroboti/public_html/restore/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/lib/ftp_class_sockets.php on line 8 My Robot Is Pregnant » a “growing” economy

My Robot Is Pregnant theme song!

tough guy poetry and manly stories of loneliness
all contents copyright Jon Rolston 2004, 2005, 2006

January 17, 2011

a “growing” economy

The easy money growing California kind bud is gone. Who isn’t selling it these days?  Between legit storefront cannabis clubs and the guys you’ve always gone to,(unshaven dudes with  maybe a ratty Volvo wagon, maybe a dog), the chronic is everywhere. Easy to grow, nowhere to go.

Case in point:  while fueling up early one morning a white guy in a big pick up walks over to me from his pump.

“Hey bro, wanna trade some nugs for 5 bucks gas money?”  He held out his hand and it looked like two hairy green pinecones were resting there.  Gigantic buds. Something Bigfoot would smoke.

“I can’t really use that,” I told him. Probably should have bought them, trade the kid at the gas station behind the register for a couple donuts and some coffee. It was early.  I wasn’t thinking that way. Besides, those donuts are lousy. I can drink bad coffee but bad donuts make me sad.

1. As an unshaven guy with a Volvo and dogs, I have to ask why you couldn’t find a use for those nugs. But yeah, I guess times are tough.

Comment by Lyle_S — January 18, 2011 @ 11:54 am

2. The cannabis prohibition is really starting to look like the alcohol prohibition, at least in Canada and the US…

Comment by Belcat — January 19, 2011 @ 2:52 pm

3. Yo, Everybody should use more cannabis. If you don’t like to smoke it then eat it or rub it on your skin. It is really good for you, way better than any whitey folks will believe. It doesn’t kill brain cells or make you sterile, all lies invented by rich white politically motivated pig fuckers.

Comment by bruce golla — January 19, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

4. I haven’t gotten high since a math class. I really should have taken it, but I had prepared myself to say no, expecting him to be asking for money for nothing.

Bruce, question: why would i be rubbing weed on myself?

Comment by Rolston — January 19, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

5. Seriously, John. Give the guy five bucks and turn and sell those nugs for ten to someone else. Where is your entrepreneurial self gone?
    Although I do understand the being prepared to just say no to someone asking for money that no matter what they end up asking for you just say no.

Comment by al — January 19, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

6. John, because weed protects you from all the toxic shit in the world. Probly make your skin look better too, and smell finer.

Comment by bruce golla — January 19, 2011 @ 11:33 pm

7. My name is Jon. Dammit Al, or Richard, how long have we known each other? J O N. not a silent H, a non existent H. Really though, not a big deal. Just wanted a chance to rant. Now you got Bruce saying John too.

Comment by Rolston — January 20, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

8. Strange, Usually I am very sensitive to that. Since I don’t like the richard at all….. Jon.

Comment by al — January 20, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

9. What math class you talking about? Are you going to school?

Comment by Lyle_S — January 21, 2011 @ 10:06 pm

10. Again, sorry about that Al. You’re a good man. And Lyle, I just mean to say I really haven’t smoked weed in a long time. At least a full year.

Comment by Rolston — January 22, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

Notice: comments_rss_link is deprecated since version 2.5.0! Use post_comments_feed_link() instead. in /hermes/bosnaweb19a/b1035/ipw.myroboti/public_html/restore/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3832 RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress | Managed by Whole Boar

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e3d04825673809d71d23ee86ff7e7324, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0